Tuesday 8 January 2013

Caramel Popcorn

I know, it doesn't technically qualify as baking but I love this stuff! It's super moreish, dangerously so. I could honestly sit with a big bowl of it and demolish it all to myself. It's so super easy to make, made even easier by the fact that you can buy puffed corn from the health aisle if you need to. I actually prefer the puffed corn over the home popped popcorn as it doesn't have those hard kernel bits that tend to get stuck in your teeth. 

You basically mix sugar, honey and butter together over a low heat to make a caramel then pour it over the popcorn and you're all done! Couldn't be easier!

I made my first batch as a farewell gift for my Kindergarten Class this year. Needless to say it went down very well with those little mites and then my family and I enjoyed it at a picnic carol service just before Christmas eve. I think it's safer to keep this as a- once- a- year Christmas treat!




No comments:

Post a Comment