Saturday 12 January 2013

Brownies Baby!!!

I have had a few really good brownie recipes over the years, but this one is my favourite. It's so simple, uses one bowl and works every time. They are great to serve with coffee/tea or slightly warmed up with vanilla ice cream as dessert. YUM-O! I always make sure that I have the ingredients I need to make these babies in my pantry. They are one of my "go to" items that I know I can whip up in a hurry with minimal effort and maximum results!

These are a particular favourite of my big brother, Doug. Unfortunately he lives in South Africa and can't have them as often as he'd like. I really miss making these for him, he has always been so encouraging of my baking and my dream to do it one day as a career. He is an entrepreneur himself, having started his own very successful events business in Durban and then moving on to head up a department for Red Bull, South Africa. I am really proud of him and now realise what a scary thing it must have been for him to go ahead and start his own business without very much!

Lucky for him he is marrying the french confectionary making queen of Cape Town, so he's not missing out on his sugar fix. Lexi, has a 1 year old business making french confectionary in Cape Town. Her big leap of faith has paid off and she is busier than ever! I have two very good example of risk-takers in them. How inspiring!









No comments:

Post a Comment