Wednesday 12 December 2012

Doodge's Israeli Yoghurt Cake

My friend Doodge (Lisa is her proper name) made this cake for me years ago and as soon as I tasted it I HAD to have the recipe.  She very kindly shared it with me and I have been happily making this cake ever since. It's delicious! It's not what I call an 'in your face cake', it's subtle, understated and very very moreish. It's best eaten warm with a big dollop of vanilla yoghurt on top. It's got a lot of yoghurt in it and layers of cinnamon, brown sugar and pecan nuts in-between. This time round all the pecans slid into the middle of the cake for some reason and were not as evenly distributed as I would have liked, but it was still very yummy!

My friend, Doodge and I live very far away from each other now, the last time I saw her was over 2 years ago! I miss her friendship everyday and feel like she's in the kitchen with me whenever I make this cake.

Pre oven...

Post oven...


No comments:

Post a Comment