Wednesday 23 January 2013

Ginger and Lime Cake

I have had a great opportunity to try out a fair few new recipes over this lovely long summer break. This has got to be the stand out one for me. I am not a ginger fan... AT ALL. But I have a friend who loves it and requested a cake with the flavour included. Well, I am so glad that she did because this is a beautiful cake with the most refreshing flavours and I will definitely be making it again! 

It's one, very simple cake baked and then a lime syrup poured over the top whilst still hot. It was left to cool for about 3 hours, mostly in the fridge and then I cut it into three layers. I sandwiched each layer together with cream cheese frosting. This was just the most perfect flavour to finish off the cake. I then grated a little more lime zest over the top and stuck flaked coconut around the edges, just for a bit of show. I am very happy with this new cake, and I can tell it's going to be one of my favourites! Who knew, me liking ginger! Maybe I should be more adventurous more often!








No comments:

Post a Comment