Monday 14 January 2013

Pear and Walnut Mini Loaves

I recently purchased a mini loaf pan. I have always loved the shape, all cute and mini, but never really had a need for one. Naturally, when I saw it on sale for a quarter of the price I just could not pass it up! Of course I just had to use it straight away...

I have learned that muffin mix can be made in the traditional round shape or it can be made into a loaf shape and visa versa! I thought that was very nifty when I read that... somewhere... So I decided to give the theory a go. I took a recipe for Pear and Walnut muffins and used the mini loaf tin instead of the muffin tin. I am pretty happy with how they turned out. I did feel that the actual mix could have had a bit more fresh pear in it though. But that's just me.








No comments:

Post a Comment