Wednesday 11 September 2013

Strawberry Polenta Cake

I found this recipe online some time ago and have been wanting to make it for ages, but with my baking urges somewhat satisfied with all the cafe baking, I have not got round to trying out something new. But with the arrival of strawberry season I sprung into action.

It was a lovely cold, rainy afternoon, my mom had come over the help finish a quilt I made for a friend, so while the cake baked, we sewed, drank tea and caught up on life.

This cake was beautiful to look at and the general taste was good, but my mom and I found it way too buttery (I never thought I'd say that!) but being left with a greasy residue in your mouth is not pleasant, and not the way it should be. Having said that, the polenta and strawberry combination was great!

So next time I shall have to alter the recipe a little by reducing the amount of butter added and see how it goes....








 What crazy this family was thinking taking a stroll in the weather is beyond me!










No comments:

Post a Comment